Working to Help the Underdog: Federal Immigration Court Litigation Services
As a non-citizen, if you find yourself facing an imminent order of removal, criminal deportation, denial of bond, unlawful detention or other adverse determination by U.S. immigration officials, your only viable remedy may be to seek relief through the federal courts. Although you may feel threatened and overwhelmed and view yourself as an underdog against the all-powerful might of the U.S. government, you do have options.
You Do Not Have to Feel Isolated and Alone
At The Kasen Law Firm, LLC, we are here to help. Our founding attorney, Lawrence M. Kasen, has more than 30 years of legal experience. We can help level the playing field, and represent you in federal court immigration litigation, so that you have an opportunity to stay in the United States with your family and loved ones and/or pursue that valuable job or business opportunity in the U.S.
We are a full service immigration law firm. For a free initial consultation with an experienced South Carolina immigration lawyer, call 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810. You may also contact us online. We have offices in Charleston, and Flushing, New York.
Immigration Cases That Require Federal Litigation
If you have entered the United States: (1) legally after being issued an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa and have overstayed your visa status; (2) illegally without any visa or inspection by U.S. immigration officials; or (3) legally or illegally and committed a crime in the U.S., you will need an experienced immigration lawyer to act on your behalf in federal court proceedings to challenge potentially adverse immigration decisions affecting your liberty and right to remain in the U.S. with your family or pursue job and business opportunities.
Our federal court immigration litigation practice extends to cases involving:
Federal Immigration Appeals
If an Immigration Judge has issued an order of removal against you and your administrative appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) has been denied, you have the right to file a Petition for Review before a federal appellate court having jurisdiction over the case.
U.S. District Court Litigation
- Habeas Corpus Petitions — Individuals seeking relief from removal orders, bond denials, unlawful detention and other adverse federal agency immigration decisions may file petitions for writs of habeas corpus in the appropriate federal district court.
- Mandamus Petitions — If your application for a visa, permanent residency, asylum or any other immigration benefit has been delayed by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you have the right to compel these federal immigration agencies to make a timely ruling in your case by filing petitions for mandamus in the federal district court with jurisdiction over the case.
- Denaturalization Proceedings — If you are a U.S. naturalized citizen and subsequently commit a crime in the U.S., you may be subject to a federal court denaturalization proceeding in which your citizenship and right to remain in the U.S. may be in jeopardy.
We also help clients present successful defenses in federal court Removal and Deportation actions (where your freedom and ability to remain in the U.S. are in jeopardy) and in strategizing and advancing petitions for Asylum and Withholding of Removal under both the Immigration and Nationality Act and the U.N. Convention Against Torture (where you are given the chance to justify your right to stay in the U.S. because of a legitimate fear of being persecuted or tortured if you were to be returned to your homeland or last foreign residence). We have the experience, determination and fortitude to represent you in these and other federal court immigration litigation cases.
You, the client, are our primary concern and focus. If you are involved in a federal court immigration proceeding, your freedom, ability to stay in the U.S., family unity and business aspirations may be at stake. An experienced immigration attorney can help you avoid or minimize the dire consequences of federal court immigration litigation and keep your family together and business goals intact.
We focus on legal representation that is:
- Full-Service: We can handle all of your immigration law and related legal needs.
- Preventative: We do everything we can to avoid problems from the very beginning so that, whenever possible, your case is correctly and favorably resolved and concluded the first time without facing unnecessary, ongoing litigation and expenses.
- Ethical and Honest: We strive to give you, our client, straightforward and honest counsel that you need and deserve.
- Effective: We do everything we can to get the job done, helping you reunite with your family and/or realize your business goals.
We Are Here to Help: Contact a Skilled Federal Court Immigration Litigation Lawyer
To learn more about how we may help you with your federal court immigration litigation needs and for a free initial telephone consultation, call 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810. You may also contact us online. With the assistance of our immigration advocate attorneys, you will no longer be isolated and alone when facing U.S. immigration officials in contested federal court immigration proceedings.