Making Immigration
Issues Easier For YOU

Offering full-service immigration representation for over 30 years.

Globe Banner

Bringing Workers to the U.S. for Temporary Jobs

In a global economy, the task of matching the right workers with the right employers at the right price has become more and more complex.

Sometimes, making the right match involves the use of strategic options under U.S. immigration law to bring workers here from abroad to fill temporary jobs. At The Kasen Law Firm, LLC, we have the knowledge and experience to help you do this successfully.

We are a full-service immigration law firm. For a free initial telephone consultation with a dedicated and experienced immigration lawyer, call 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810. You may also contact us online. We have offices in Charleston, and Flushing, New York.

How Does the H-2B Visa Program Work?

You may have heard that there is a numerical limit or “cap” on the total number of people from approved countries who are eligible to receive an H-2B visa in a given year to work temporarily in the U.S. in nonagricultural jobs. That statement is true, and it underscores the importance of working with a skilled attorney to navigate your through the application process.

The process requires the employer to undertake a rather elaborate employment recruitment procedure known as temporary labor certification. In somewhat simplified terms, securing a temporary labor certification requires an employer to comply with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and applicable state-level workforce agency to ensure that bringing in foreign workers will not negatively impact U.S. workers who may be interested in those jobs.

Our firm will walk you through the complex steps involved in this detailed process. This includes securing a prevailing wage determination and documenting the results from required recruitment efforts aimed at the local workforce. We will help through all phases of the temporary labor certification process to submit the required materials to DOL.

Take Action to Benefit Your Business

When DOL has approved your employment recruitment plan, we can then apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the H-2B visas to bring over your temporary foreign workers. Our services include not only working with you to gain USCIS approval of your H-2B petition, but taking care of consular processing for the foreign employees who will be the beneficiaries of your efforts.

We invite you to give us a call today at 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810 to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with an experienced H-2B visa lawyer. You may also contact us online. With offices in Charleston, and Flushing, New York, our firm’s attorneys can guide you through the process of using work visas to better serve your customers and benefit your bottom line.

Testimonials Available Upon Request