Making Immigration
Issues Easier For YOU

Offering full-service immigration representation for over 30 years.

  1. Home
  2.  » Business and Employment-Based Immigration

Thorough Business and Employment Immigration Law Services

As a business owner or manager, you know that in a dynamic, global economy, immigration law impacts many of your decisions. You may need to use visas to bring workers in from other countries to fill certain jobs. Or you may need to make sure you are in compliance with immigration law for the workers you hire here in the U.S.

At The Kasen Law Firm, LLC, we have the experience and legal training to help with your business and employment immigration needs. With more than 30 years of experience, our founding attorney, Lawrence M. Kasen, can help you navigate through the complex rules and regulations involved in immigration law.

We are a full-service immigration law firm. For a free initial telephone consultation with a dedicated and experienced immigration lawyer, call 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810. You may also contact us online. We have offices in Charleston, and Flushing, New York.

Our firm’s extensive background in business, corporate and real estate matters can serve as a valuable tool in realizing your business immigration goals.

Regulatory Guidance From Experienced Immigration Attorneys

Our firm is available to consult, represent and guide employers and business entities in the hiring of foreign nationals and in ensuring compliance with immigration and Department of Labor laws and regulations, including Form I-9 compliance, H-1B Labor Condition Application (LCA) filings (including the preparation and maintenance of Public Access Files), and I-9 and LCA audits.

Visa Options for Employment-Related Immigration

We advise and assist businesses and employees with their visa applications to achieve their objectives.

Available visa types include:

  • EB-1 Visa – Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, and Multinational Executives and Managers — Available to individuals with these skill sets to apply for permanent residency and bypass the costly and time-consuming labor certification process.
  • EB-2 Visa – Workers With Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business — Available to foreign workers with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in the sciences, arts or business to live and work in the U.S. if they have a bona fide job offer and their prospective employer has successfully completed the labor certification process, which generally entails demonstrating through testing of the job market that U.S. workers will not be displaced by the hiring of a foreign national.
  • EB-3 Visa – Skilled Workers and Professionals — Available to foreign nationals possessing these skill sets to receive a visa once they have a job offer and their potential employer has completed the labor certification process.
  • EB-4 Visa – Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers — Available to ministers of religion to apply for permanent residency.
  • EB-5 Visa – Investor/Employment Creation Visas — Available to a maximum of 10,000 foreign national investors a year to enter and work in the U.S. for the purpose of investing in new commercial ventures that create employment for 10 individuals (comprising those who invest at least $500,000 in “targeted employment areas” (rural areas or areas experiencing high unemployment of at least 150 percent of the national average) and those who invest $1,000,000 without geographic limitations).

Non-Immigrant Visas

  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas — Available to investors, traders and their employees to conduct business in the U.S. if their country of origin has a treaty with the U.S. granting visa eligibility.
  • H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professional) Visas — Available to professional workers holding at least a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent work experience) upon demonstration by their employer that at least the prevailing wage shall be paid for the position.
  • H-2B Temporary Worker Visas — Available to U.S. companies temporarily to employ skilled or unskilled foreign nationals in nonagricultural positions for which the employer has a temporary need and for which qualified U.S. workers are unavailable.
  • J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas — Available to participants (including students, short-term scholars, business trainees, teachers, professors, research scholars, specialists, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors and au pairs) entering the U.S. through an approved exchange visitor’s program.
  • L-1 Intra-Company Transfer Visas — Available to executives, managers and employees with specialized knowledge to transfer to their employer’s U.S. parent, affiliate or subsidiary. Transferred executives and managers holding L-1 visas may become eligible for permanent residency without the need for labor certification.
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas — Available to foreign nationals with extraordinary ability seeking admission in the U.S.
  • P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas — Available to athletes, artists and entertainers seeking entry into the U.S.
  • R-1 Religious Worker Visas — Available to religious workers seeking entry into the U.S.
  • TN North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Visas — Available to nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of NAFTA who seek employment in the U.S.

Other Temporary and Non-Immigrant Visas

  • B-1/B-2 Visitor’s Visas — Available to business (B-1) and pleasure (B-2) visitors entering the U.S. for short durations (B-1 visitors may not engage in local employment). Foreign nationals of certain favored countries (i.e., Canada, United Kingdom and Japan) may be permitted stays in the U.S. for up to 90 days under applicable visa waiver rules.
  • C Transit Visas — Available to foreign nationals in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S.
  • F-1 Student Visas — Available to students engaged in full-time, non-vocational, academic studies at post-secondary institutions who are qualified to pursue such study. A person holding an F-1 visa is eligible to change status to H-1B (or another status) during the 60-day grace period.
  • I-1 Journalist/Representatives of Media Visas — Available to members of the foreign press or media (including reporters, freelance journalists and film crew members) seeking to enter the U.S. solely for noncommercial vocational purposes.
  • M-1 Vocational Student Visas — Available to foreign nationals pursuing nonacademic vocational study at post-secondary vocational/business schools.
  • S Visa — Available to foreign nationals who assist U.S. federal or state government officials by providing information essential to the success of an authorized criminal investigation or prosecution.
  • T Visa — Available to individuals who have been subject to severe forms of trafficking in persons (including the use of force, fraud or coercion for sex trafficking and/or involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage or slavery).
  • U Visa — Available to persons who have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse by virtue of being a victim of certain crimes.
  • V Visa — Available to spouses or children of lawful permanent residents, if the permanent residents filed a petition for the spouse or child before December 21, 2000, and it has been pending for more than three years.

Litigation Support

Our business immigration attorneys are also available for interviews and hearings at the administrative agency level and for federal court litigation when all other avenues of relief have been exhausted or legal challenges are necessary.

Business, Corporate and Real Estate Law

Business, corporate and real estate law are essential components of the legal services we provide to our business and employer immigration clients. Our holistic approach enables us to address all of your immigration, business, corporate and real estate needs in-house without outsourcing facets of your case and/or your unique business requirements. Through our auxiliary attorney services, we are able to tackle all of your business concerns with a “one-stop” shop approach. This has proven to be a great benefit to our clients.

Consultation With a Business Immigration Attorney

To arrange a free initial telephone consultation with attorney Lawrence M. Kasen, call 843-376-4085 or toll free at 888-370-5810. You may also contact us online.

Testimonials Available Upon Request